It's Buffalo Season!

http://rstyle.me/n/bdgkpep8se
Earrings from The Canny Canary. Buffalo Plaid Vest from TALBOTS.
When I was a little girl I always dreamed of moving to the city. I loved the idea of picturing myself among all the hustle and bustle wearing CHANEL from head to toe. When I would draw pictures I would draw cities. Mostly I would draw Boston or NYC. I never really thought much about moving out west even though I hear that LA is a great place to reinvent yourself every day if you want. Now that sounds kind of fun for someone who loves fashion!

In my 30's I was a little embarrassed to say that I had never moved outside the state of Maine. I started a family here in Maine and It wasn't a good time to pursue my dreams. I never thought I would be saying these next few lines. Now that I am 41 I am proud to say that I have lived in Maine all of my life and I intend to stay! There is just something about this way of life that keeps me motivated and strong. The long cold winters have turned me into a "survivor" which makes me feel oh so grateful for those days that are above 30 degrees. Now don't get me wrong. We have beautiful summers here in Maine. We all just complain that it doesn't last long enough.

But at least the weather in Maine gives us a reason to wear cute winter clothes, like this adorable Buffalo Plaid Vest from TALBOTS. I knew I had to have it when I saw it. This vest is so New England. I plan to wear it for years to come, because New England is where I plan to stay.

SHOP my look!




And I must mention that I am wearing vintage screw back earrings from The Canny Canary. A buffalo plaid vest and vintage screw back chandelier earrings. Some might say no, but I say opposites attract.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.