SKYLOUNGE @ THE DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL


Last night Matt and I popped out for a few cocktails and a bite to eat. Having previously heard wonderful things about their cocktails we decided to head to The DoubleTree Hotel in Tower Hill and up to the 12th floor to the SkyLounge. There's something so special about these hidden away rooftop bars and restaurants; its not everyday you get such a spectacular view of London and when you do it feels like a dream! From our roomy table we could see the London Bridge, lit up as if on a postcard, and looking in the other direction gave us an exquisite view of the Shard!


As they're currently still serving their Autumn-Winter menu all of the drinks were really festive and warming. My favourite of the night was the 'Almond & Honey', which consisted of Amaretto, (favourite), Passion Fruit Purée, Honey, Lemon and Egg white. I never thought I'd want egg white in my drink but this cocktail was so delicious I may be a changed woman. I also tried the 'Winter Sloe', which was probably the most festive of the three, and The Flamingo Bay, which was very sweet and tasty... and bright pink!

Alongside our drinks we had a couple of bar snacks - it's not good to drink on an empty stomach and all that - we had the 'Cheesy Jack Fries', Mini burger Sliders and also Chicken nuggets with a Bourbon dip. The nuggets don't sound all that exciting but they were absolutely amazing, and I loved how "dirty" the food was for such a fancy bar! I definitely used my fingers for the chips!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.