Why I love to Travel




Good morning guys, its been such a long week I'm so glad its Friday tomorrow.  If you have followed my blog for a while you know I love to travel, I have travelled to 15 countries in the last couple of years and I'm looking forward to travelling a lot next year now that the massive wedding expense is behind me.
       
This post in association with loveholidays.com on why us Brits love to go abroad, I wanted to write about what motivates me to go abroad.   Loveholidays.com sent me this cool scratch offworld map.  It was really fun scratching off the countries I have visited, I also realised how much more of the world I have yet to see!
I love going abroad so I'm always motivated to travel anyway, I love learning about new cultures, admiring architecture and learning about the story behind them, tasting new cuisines and as my photography interests are growing every day (thanks to blogging) I enjoy taking photographs of picture perfect scenery.
Another reason why I like to travel is to have a break from work, especially because I work in an office so I spend 8 hours of my day sitting in front of a computer screen, it becomes very routine and boring.  It’s also a great time for me and Lewis to spend some quality time together exploring and enjoying each other away from every day distractions.
As a Brit the main reason I go away is to get away from the British weather! We haven’t had much of a summer this year.  When researching where to travel the weather is normally the deciding factor for me, as you can see on the map the countries I have been to are normally scorching hot.  I have never really thought about getting out of my comfort zone and going to a colder climate but I would love to try skiing.
When it comes to preparing for my flight I normally try to have my suitcase packed at least two days before I fly, but I leave my suitcase open until travel day just in case I have extra items to throw in!  I have learnt the hard way when it comes to toiletries, it really hurts when airport security throw away your expensive shampoos and creams without even a flinch of guilt! Arrgh. So now I make sure to pack all my toiletries in miniature bottles (you can also buy mini versions from boots or Superdrug).
A trick I have learnt when I run out of space in my suit case or reached my baggage allowance is to take a mini suitcase as hand baggage.  I use to take a regular handbag enough to fit my passport, wallet and a book to read, but I soon realised I wasn't taking advantage of the extra items I could bring with me, but I only do this for longer holidays.  In this case I would take a small clutch bag so I can access my passport and cash quickly.

What do you enjoy about travelling? Do you have any tips to make travelling easier? I would love to hear them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.