ALEXA CHUNG | POP FALL/WINTER 2014

I'm sorry if I offend anyone by saying this, and what I'm about to say may come as a surprise, but in general I'm not an Alexa Chung fan. However, I was just scrolling through my Bloglovin feed when I came across the image shown above. The post title read, "Alexa Chung looks unrecognizable on POP Fall/Winter 2014 Cover". She does indeed look a little different to what we're used to but only because she's more bare-faced than I think I've ever seen her... she looks "different" because she's less made up and less retouched, and I personally admire this natural beauty far more than any generic, airbrushed representation of a person.

I particularly like the cover option below, mainly because blue is my favourite colour and it works really well here with the orange, but also because of its realness. Celebrities and models are retouched far too much these days, which not only creates a false, and completely unattainable may I add, ideal of beauty, but it's also unnecessary when these people are already so beautiful!

Rant over, happy Tuesday xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.