CAT BOOTS IN SCOTLAND

Yesterday evening I flew back from Scotland, and I am now spending the weekend enjoying the company of my own bed and getting back into the London swing of things. These photos were taken on my second day in Aberdeen when we went to see Dunnottar Castle, an old ruin right on the stormy coast. (I have loads of other photos to show you from my trip so will get these up soon along with my new year's resolutions!) As you can probably tell from these pictures, it was cold, windy and pouring with rain; what a perfect time to put my new CAT boots to the test!

Admittedly I was slightly skeptical of wearing these at first as my immediate connotations with the brand are of workmen; both of my Fathers own a pair that they wear to work.... but then I saw this beautiful blue Colorado style and thought I'd give them a go! I've noticed CAT boots creeping onto the trendy streets of London over the past few years, and it wouldn't surprise me if they became even more of a fashion statement in 2014. There are plenty of workwear/country brands that have been adopted by stylish city folk, Dr. Martens and Barbour are two great examples, and these now have huge followings within both their intended audiences and the street style clique! It's likely that CAT will be soon to follow suit with their East End following and stylish new designs.  

Any way, test results.... not only do I love the colour of these boots but they're surprisingly comfortable, (didn't rub AT ALL), and hey, they kept my feet dry whilst I was clambering through Scottish coastal countryside in the rain. Great stuff! If you do ever make a purchase I would recommend a size down, I'm a 5.5, these boots are a 6 and I definitely could have done with a size down.
























































HAT FROM TOPMAN
SCARF, A GIFT FROM SCOTLAND
ASOS DRESS
SECONDHAND, QUILTED JACKET
SECONDHAND, GREEN TOP COAT


I have a confession to make - I hate layering. I don't find it aesthetically pleasing and I'm awful at putting so many pieces together at once.... in Scotland however it was crucial that I wear layers to keep warm therefore I was forced to test my "bundling up" skills, here I'm wearing two coats and even two pairs of tights! I hope you all noticed my new tartan scarf by the way, Matt's Mum bought it for me as a Christmas gift from a local kilt making shop; it's 100% wool, a beautiful colour and I'm completely smitten with it.

Have a great weekend!     

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.