AN INSPIRING DAY OUT IN LONDON

I had such a lovely day on Sunday. I was heading over to West London to return some samples any way so whilst out Matt and I decided to make an afternoon of it and go to some free galleries. First we went to The Photographers' Gallery, which I love because they have so many great exhibitions showcasing a mix of both established photographer's work as well as up and coming talent. At the moment they have a fab exhibition on called 'Under the Influence: John Deakin and the Lure of Soho'. Considered one of Britain's "greatest postwar photographers", Deakin's work is emotive and thought provoking; I particularly enjoyed his documentary style street photographs. He also has a rather lovely archive of fashion photography, which is worth a look!

We then popped upstairs to FRESHFACED+WILDEYED 2014, an annual exhibition that showcases the talent and diversity of emerging photographers from BA and MA courses across the UK. I always find these exhibits quite interesting because the work is so diverse that my thoughts will be really mixed… When we left to head East for the Howard Griffin gallery it started pouring with rain, but luckily I managed to get a quick outfit snap for you before I ended up drenched!









Unfortunately Sunday was the last day of the 'Bob Mazzer - Underground' showcase I went to or I definitely would have suggested paying it a visit! His images, which document real people out and about on the London underground in the 1980s, are inspiring soulful and humorous! "Every day I travelled to King's Cross and back. Coming home late at night, it was like a party and I felt like the tube was mine and I was there to take the pictures." - Bob Mazzer.




I left feeling uplifted and inspired! We then went to Spitalfields for lunch, we went to Giraffe in the market and I had a mezze style dish with coconut shrimp on the side… so yummy! Oh, I had a cocktail too of course, a Strawberry Mule, one of my favourites! It was such relaxing day, it's reminded me that I need to get out more often and see more of London as there's so much going on and I've been stuck in a little routine recently yuck routine!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.